After the massive success of the homemade paint that we made yesterday, I thought that we would try and make play-dough which is totally toxic free.
Play-dough is normally banned from our house because it being so annoying with getting in every nook and cranny and finding hard play-dough shoved into toys, so we put a ban on it.
However, I thought I would give homemade play-dough a chance and I was not disappointed. My son had lots of fun for a long time with it.
- 250g Plain flour.
- 50g Salt.
- 140ml Water.
- 1 ~ 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Few drops of food colouring (optional).
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the water and oil.
- Knead well until the mixture is smooth (about 5 ~ 10 minutes) You may need to add flour if the mixture is sticky.
- Add colouring if wanted (We didn’t because I didn’t want us to have stained hands) and knead until fully blended.
Store in a ziploc bag or tub to keep fresh. Recipe from allrecipes.co.uk.
This is a very smooth play-dough and doesn’t stick into stuff (like carpets) unlike shop brought play-dough.