School will be out for summer soon, and if your children are anything like my son, he needs to be active 99% of the time he is awake, so I thought I would look at completely free activities that we can do together that will cut out the ‘mummy I’m bored’.
If you like being outside:
- Camp in the back garden (Free if you already have a tent).
- Go to the park.
- Watch the stars.
- Create a scavenger hunt (Can be free if you use stuff you already have).
- Go on a bike ride.
- Pick flowers.
- Fly a kite (Free if you already have a kite).
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood.
- Play hide and seek outside.
- Play hopscotch.
When you can’t go out:
- Read books.
- Movie day.
- Write a poem.
- Make cards.
- Make cakes (Free if you already have the stuff you need).
- Draw/paint pictures of your family.
- Let your children choose what dinner is going to be.
- Make cookies (Free if like the cakes ~ You already have the bits).
- Host a talent show.
- Play dress up (Free if your children already have dress up clothes.